Being in a rut... sucks. It feels like it will never end and that once again you are stuck learning more "lessons" when you thought you had this whole life thing figured out. Ruts can sneak up on you, and rather than sitting around wasting time trying to figure out how it could have happened again, let's just get over it and get out of it. When you're feeling stuck, "get over it" is annoying to hear I know, but it's the truth so here are some ideas I started journaling to help me get out of my ruts, and hopefully they will help you.
- Breathe fresh air
- Have pets and talk to them
- Give your friends random presents
- Get your nails done or get a massage
- Get enough sleep
- Make stuff - find a creative outlet
- Do Yoga
- Go outside and pretend you see fairies and talk to them. - remember how fun it was to pretend as a little kid? It's still just as fun, we just have to allow ourselves to play.
- Keep a thank you notebook. Write down even the most basic things you're thankful for, like that great cup of coffee you woke up to. Or that you left the house on time today and now you won't be late to your first meeting.... :) (I really have a being late issue if you didn't know already lol)
- Say nice things to yourself! Correct yourself quickly and say "sorry self" when you think mean thoughts about you or anyone for that matter. Take a deep breath and say "highest and best" and then move your body and stay busy.
- Keep your space clean -vacuum the hard to reach spots once in a while. Throw out old files, old papers, etc. No more saving everything, it just darkens up the place.
- Forgive yourself, and say it out loud.
- Don’t think. Just do.
If you need a mood pick up, work on something from the above list and do it the BEST you can. Sometimes when we feel our energy starting to dip, the best thing to do is get busy working on something you can feel proud of. It's like giving your heart a little zap of self love.
So... When you start to panic about not knowing what your mission in life is.. Or not knowing what to do next... Just breathe and tell yourself to Live Brightly, slow down, and pick something off this list to do right away. Next thing you know, you’re on to your next adventure and feeling better. And if you need a reminder to look at this list even... (like I do) here is the bracelet that I wear to remind myself to get after it. I mean, you're awesome, and you DO NOT GIVE UP. Ever. :)